Relieve your pet’s pain with Epsom salts! Yes, Epsom salts aren’t just ideal for people’s ailments, treating sore muscles and relieving stress, but pets’ too as they can ease your dog’s discomfort in no time. You’d love having them among your essential pet supplies also for the fact they can reduce your veterinarian costs altogether.
When you’re able to sooth your pet’s pain without paying the vet a visit you’re also saving your beloved canine from the traumatic experience typical for trips to the vet, and avoid all the drama particularly when having to go often to treat an ailment, so your wallet, your pet and your nerves would thank you for it. The benefits of Epsom salts are miraculous considering they are essential in ameliorating certain problems and providing relaxation.
Yes, Epsom salt baths are that good! So, what makes the Epsom salt so efficient? This salt, or rather the chemical compound is rich in magnesium, oxygen and sulfur and is known also as magnesium sulfate. These very “ingredients” make it useful for body detoxification and pain relief. It has the power to eliminate harmful toxins, control the nerve function and maintain the calcium level in the blood.
If you’re wondering why Epsom, it’s because of the region in Surrey, England, where it was first discovered. Now, let’s go over the remarkable health benefits of Epsom salts for your beloved pet.
Eliminate Allergens And Irritants
– Dogs collect dust mites, mould and pesticides with their paws. When toxins occupy your pet’s body, irritation is likely to happen. In this case, soak your dog’s paws and feet in two separate bowls filled with mixture of 1 teaspoon Epsom salt and 2 cups of warm water. That will sooth your pet’s pain right away.
The same goes for itchy skin, or any other skin issue, such as dryness or an infection, and all you have to do is gently dab over the skin with a sponge soaked in the Epsom salt bath for dog or pour a bit of the water over the affected area – whichever you or your dog prefer. Since it’s a natural treatment, you won’t have to fret there’d be any irritation as is expected from chemically based alternatives.
Wave Fleas Goodbye
– Poor dogs, as if they don’t have other dangers lurking around when they’re walking and running out and about, fleas appear and attack immediately. While they’re not an uncommon issue, things can easily turn serious when this issue is left untreated, leading from mild skin irritation to problems such as anaemia.
Instead of reaching out for chemicals, you can nip the problem in the bud with a nice warm Epsom salt soak for dogs for 5 to 10 minutes twice a day, continuing to do so until the fleas are completely gone. Even if you aren’t dealing with such an issue, it’s still advisable to use the salt as the means of protection.
– Even though pets are most commonly kept at home, they can still hurt themselves. You cannot fully protect your pet, but you can cure wounds and relieve the pain with the amazing Epsom salt. One of the many benefits of Epsom salts is wound cleaning as they help with swelling prevention and quick healing.
All you have to do to assist with your beloved dog’s wound is simply soak the injured part in a solution of 2 cups warm water and one cup of Epson salts for 5-10 minutes. Repeat this procedure at least twice until the wound is fully healed.
– You probably had this problem with your pet. That’s very common with animals because they go everywhere. You cannot stop them from exploring their territory, but you can help them when they are in trouble. If your dog, for example, has a splinter in the paws, dissolve 1 cup of Epsom salt for dogs paws in 3 litters warm water. Soak the affected area for at least 10 minutes to loosen the splinter fragments and pull off the fragments fast and easy.
– If your dog is usually stressed, dealing with certain behavioural issues, you might want to give Epsom salts a try, the key when it comes to relaxation. You don’t even have to soak it in a bath to reap these benefits, if you’re worried it’s going to eat Epsom salt or drink from the water in the tub. Likewise, it’s an ideal option for those restless dogs that aren’t exactly fond of baths.
Since the magnesium is essential for both handling stress and getting quality sleep, using the salts can benefit your dog’s sleep also along with an improvement in the nerve function, so don’t be surprised if your Fido sleeps better all of a sudden.
– When your dog is too tired from all the running and chasing all day long, getting a warm Epsom salt bath for dogs could speed up the recovery of tired, sore muscles, as they’re known for their powerful effect in reducing inflammation as well as treating minor paw scratches. Nothing like a soothing bath to call it a day!
Have an older dog dealing with joint pain or arthritis? Well, consider it the great therapy to relieve the discomfort and provide the needed quality of life.
Is Epsom Salt Bad for Dogs?
Despite the numerous benefits of Epsom salts bath for dogs, there’s still something you’d have to have in mind: dogs aren’t to eat or drink from the water with the salts. This isn’t to say licking the wound or the paws right after the salt bath can be detrimental, however, when dogs consume an excessive amount of the Epsom salts they risk getting elevated pH levels, also known as metabolic alkalosis.
This being said, not only should you be mindful, preventing consumption, you’re better off paying attention to the dosage of Epsom salts for dogs in the baths as well as the time your dog spends in them to be sure you avoid any unwanted effects.