Sticking to a low-calorie diet in order to lose weight is a common mistake majority overweight people do and leads to one thing – hunger. At the end of the day you are bound for failure – you will devour a food fat in calories. This is the main reason why only one out of five people can last a month before falling off the wagon.
Nutritionists suggest to include fruits and veggies in daily meals and to enjoy the many smaller meals throughout the day. Foods that are naturally high in fiber are the key when it comes to getting the essential nutrients and not feeling hungry an hour later. To avoid all that struggling, below is a list of 7 foods that are 100% healthy and will make you feel full longer.
- Lentils are the perfect miracle food that is both tasty and healthy. It is loaded with lots of protein and fiber, vitamin B and iron; it is an inexpensive food that can be combined with everything including salads, soup, fish, tomatoes, avocado or even with yogurt.
- Avocado, contrary to popular belief is actually a berry fruit. It is full of vitamins B, E and K, as well as with monounsaturated fat that lowers the cholesterol. Avocado is a type of food that you can eat everyday, combined with almost anything. You can make a fresh fruity ice cream with it or you can add it to some of your lunch meals in order to enhance the taste and aroma.
- Apples – As we all know, apples are full of fiber and they are perfect for stopping the tremendous hunger we feel especially in the late hours. It is so good that it is the number one recommended food for babies above 6 months. In fact, apple is the first solid food they meet, and they simply love it!
- Hot Food – Hot food or hot sauces, chili, or anything spicy can accelerate your metabolism and will make you feel fuller. However, you need to be careful not to overuse it, because it can lead to problems related to the gastric and digestive system.
- Dark Chocolate – Surveys show that if we eat dark chocolate before meal, we will consume 17% less calories. So, there is no better time to start eating your dessert first. For those who didn’t know, dark chocolate is way more filling than milk, so the next time you reach for a glass of milk, have two pieces of dark chocolate instead.
- Eggs – Breakfast should not be avoided, as it is the most important meal of the day. But let’s clear this one out – this doesn’t go for any type of breakfast. You need to eat more protein in order to feel fuller throughout the day. That is why eggs and oatmeal are the perfect breakfast options you can enjoy.
- Nuts – Nuts are the ideal snack, but only if you can resist the temptation not to eat more than one serving. Almond or peanut butter are also a perfect option as long it is only one spoonful!